Assignment 8A – Solving the Problem

Assignment 8A – Solving the Problem





The opportunity for a faster delivery service. 

Solution: 

 Premium Service that requires more money. 

Extra money can always help improve work efficiency. According to the interviews, people hardly cancel their order during their waiting time, which means they always have already prepared to wait a long time for the food, except the waiting time is too long like 2 hours and a half. So the premium service can help those people who want to get food immediately. According to the interviews, three out of five people say they would like to pay extra dollars for faster food delivery. So the driver will deliver the food with premium service first and then go next places. 

The only challenge here will probably be how to arrange those customers choose not to use the premium services. If a normal customer who orders food earlier than a premium customer, but the premium customer gets his food earlier than the other one, normal customers may come up with some disputes about the fairness. So, the solution for this is to show the estimated time, with premium and without premium, which can give customers a preparation in their mind before they make the order. 




Comments

  1. Hi Yida,

    I always face this same problem with food delivery. It is a new service so I can understand that the service isn't completely figured out yet but it is time for innovation. I think that many people would pay a premium to skip the line of orders in order to get their food more quickly. I certainly would. I believe that many food service places will soon adopt this policy and that you will very soon see your idea come to light!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment