13A Reading Reflection No.1
13A Reading Reflection No.1
Coco Chanel by Lisa Chaney:
1)
I'm so surprised that after facing too many difficulties during her childhood, she still had made a great success. Her mom died, and soon then her dad abandoned the family.
I admire Coco Chanel most of her tenacity. Knowing all of the difficulties she had to face and all of the gossips that would have on her, Coco tried to break the male-controlled fashion in that era. She succeeds. Coco's "fashion" is incredible, and also revolutionary.
I least admire the fact that Coco relied on and slept with men with power to achieve her aims. Although that was almost the best choice she could have in her situation, in that era, I still couldn't admire this.
Coco Chanel was facing adversities all of her life. Her family broke up during her early age. After she designed Chanel No.5, her partner, Wertheim got the most of the profit. After a long time lawsuit, they reconciled. Coco never forgot her aims and held her tenacity forever no matter what happens. That's how she passed these adversities and succeed.
2)
Coco Chanel has excellent creativity and penetrating insight into social relationships. Without much education, she still created her fashion. To achieve her goals, she also knew who to associate with and who to show her love.
3)
Coco Chanel had destroyed a lot of documents about herself, which has confused me a lot.
4)
How do you think of family and love?
If you had choices, you would choose the current life or a childhood's harmonious family life?
5)
Coco Chanel's success is all because of her hard work. She is brave, creative, and firm. I believe in Coco Chanel's opinion. No matter who you are, once you are hard-working enough, life would pay you what you deserve.
Comments
Post a Comment