20A – Growing Your Social Capital

20A – Growing Your Social Capital


1)Domain expert



Xie used to be a delivery man in BiteSquad. Xie takes the job as a part-time job because he is still a student in town. We are friends playing poker together. He once talked about this experience, and I was interested in it. He helped me understand the system of food delivery more, and I bought him a drink. Having him in my network can help me doing things better because he is familiar with the system. 



2) Market expert



I can't get reached to a market expert in town. But I contact a manager Mr. Xie of a delivery app called "are you hungry" in China. He tells me about the prospect and constraints of the market. He also gives his concern to my idea that regular customers may have dissatisfaction of my service because premium service may make their waiting time longer. Xie is a qualified expert in this field, and having him in my network can make things much easier. 



3) Supplier



Wade is the owner of a local sushi restaurant. He thinks he hardly worries about the delivery time because his main customers always come in person to eat. He believes the delivery company like BiteSquad should concern the issue. He thinks he is only in charge of offering great food.



4) Reflection



I used to believe networking is just things around us. But when I get reached to target networking, I find I can learn the issue much soundly from different aspects. I will use target networking in the future more often. 

Comments

  1. Hello Yida! Great job! I agree with you that this assignment really expanded my understanding of how much better I can be doing at networking. By targeting specific individuals and industries, you can get more direct results to the questions you may have. I think that you contacted a good variety of professionals in different standpoints of the industry. With this knowledge, you will definitely be able to expand your business.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Yida. I really liked reading your post and I really appreciate the lengths you went to to make sure that you created a quality post. Your food service network connections bring a lot of interesting points into the conversation and I think that their advice, if heeded correctly, could go a very long way. The main thing about changing the food industry is the fact that it has been around so long that many people in the industry are more likely to want to resist change and not see how these new food delivery services could help them. One of your main goals should be to try to sell the food delivery concept as a whole rather than the premium aspect.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment