21A – Reading Reflection No. 2

21A – Reading Reflection No. 2

How to Fail at Almost Everything and Still Win Big--Scott Adams

1)

Just as the name of the book, Scott Adams writes about how to finally win from loss and loss by sharing his life experience.

2)
The book helps me understand more about the course. I learn how to schedule myself in ENT 3003, and the book also teaches me how to plan myself. Adams thinks establishing sound systems is much more important than setting goals. I agree much on this point. For example, we write blogs every week in this course. The purpose of this activity, in my opinion, is to establish a daily routine, which is a system, rather than goals like finish assignments. In the long run, we can write well-established blogs because we are familiar with this activity. Additionally, I agree much to the point in the book that experiences lead to success. I believe human beings learn from experiences and then increase the probability of success.

3)
I think the activity would be asking students to discuss what is the "success" that Scott Adams believes.

4)

I think the most surprising point in the book should still be the idea that establishing a system is more important than setting goals. My parents always taught me that I should set up daily goals to push myself forward.  I agree with the idea because setting goals can let me feel pressed and then drive me to do things. But now I agree to Adams more. According to Adams, establishing system can help improve ourselves in the long run. I think the meaning here is that we let hardworking of achieving goals become part of our routine life. In the long term, we are becoming a better individual because we are doing hard all the time.

Comments