24A – Venture Concept No. 1
24A – Venture Concept No. 1
opportunity:
The food delivery service targets at people who don't have enough time to get food on their own. Food delivery service is a basic need of most people because we will sometimes have situations that we are too busy to make foods or go out to get meals. In Gainesville, according to my research, three out of five customers of food delivery are unsatisfied of the delivery speed. They are willing to pay extra money if they can get their food sooner. Thus, I find the opportunity here to provide a premium delivery service with faster speed than normal but with extra fees. The people who need this premium service are mostly students live off campus and have most of their courses as online classes. Currently, no food delivery company provide extra service like my thought, so they choose alternatives like making food by themselves or eating snacks. They are not satisfied with the current solution at all, because it costs time and snacks are not healthy. The opportunity should be existing until people are not using food delivery anymore.
Innovation:
My idea here is to provide premium food delivery service with extra fees. People in the town need faster food arrival speed, and they are willing to pay for it. We can put more workforce to arrange the locations of orders. If there are existing earlier natural orders are in the same location as the premium ones, then the driver will wait for the two to go together. If there are not existing same location orders, then food comes up as the first in the drivers' delivery list. (Not in the system, but a driver who are delivering items). The fee will count as for how far and how hard to arrange the delivery, usually not less than 5 dollars.
Venture Concept:
Because the premium food delivery service is a derivative based on the normal service, only customers who want the food arrives quicker would pick this expensive choice. The competitor maybe other food delivery companies in Gainesville like BiteSquad, and restaurants which are offering delivery services. The business concept is to deliver customers' food within an hour. I need more drivers to deliver food and also more technical staff to calculate time with locations.
The three minor elements:
The most important resource is the fund from my parents. The money can help me start my business quickly. The service is not hard to copy, and the only thing I can do to protect the copy is to improve my customer satisfaction to get higher customer stickiness.
The next step is to get linked to more restaurants, to get their permit of delivering their food on our websites.
I think I will be the investor and I will hire an employee to do everything for me. I still want to go back to China to start my business.
Hi Yida,
ReplyDeleteI think your idea has so much potential to be a major success. I really appreciate the fact that you considered a market that is so brand new with the food delivery services that you already see an opportunity to change. I really like the fact that you're not afraid to change such a new industry and the fact that you don't accept the norms that other people accept. The only thing you need to consider is how the pricing will work because some of the food delivery services are already pretty expensive.
Hi Yida,
ReplyDeleteI really like your post. I think most of them are very close to my life so that I can feel your idea is very reasonable. I ordered food delivery a lot and your concept of opportunity makes a lot of sense to me. I think you should hold on this business idea and develop more about it. Maybe someday make it real! Great post!